President and CEO, Carl Mastronardi, has been a grower using hydroponics for over 35 years. His company Del Fresco Pure has greenhouses in Ontario that grow a wide range of produce including cucumbers, strawberries, tomatoes, peppers, beans and eggplants. We thought it would be great to get them to share one of their recipes with us that could include some of their products.
The combination of Del Fresco Pure Crunchers mini cucumbers with sweet strawberries and tangy feta cheese makes a great appetizer for your next gathering. These mini boats are refreshing and a great crowd pleaser.
Mini Cucumber Strawberry Boats Recipe
Yield: 24 boats – Total Time: 20 minutes
-12 Del Fresco PureTM CrunchersTM
-1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
-1 pint strawberries, finely diced
-1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
1. Wash, pat dry and cut mini cucumbers in half lengthwise.
2. Remove mini cucumber seeds with a metal measuring spoon and place
onto a plate.
3. Sprinkle feta cheese and strawberries over mini cucumber boats.
4. Cover and set in refrigerator until ready to serve.
5. Drizzle balsamic glaze before serving.
-These boats will not last! Also, try our Strawberry Cucumber Salad
as a filling.