Attending an outdoor music festival? Here is a list of 5 things you gotta bring to keep your body happy and healthy!
- Hydration: Festivals usually have tons of water onsite so be sure to bring a reusable water bottle. Obviously, this goes without saying but best to stay away from plastic bottles as the heat may leech nasty chemicals into your water. I love adding electrolytes to my water, like the Vega Sport Hydrator. It’s clean, tastes delicious and helps replenish all those electrolytes you will lose while dancing up a storm. Coconut water is packed full of natural electrolytes so it’s an easy option as well.
- Snacks: The main thing I heard from attendees was that they wished they had packed more snacks. I highly recommend bringing fruits – apples, nectarines, pears, etc that won’t get too squished in your cooler (like berries and bananas do) and will help with hydration and sugar cravings. The natural sugar will give you a nice energy boost and the fibre will help with…you know…flushing things out. Nuts and trail mixes are a nice alternative to chips and chocolate but be mindful of how many handfuls you eat.
- Sun Protection: Bring sunscreen! Using a natural zinc oxide sunscreen like Badger is great because the mineral sits on top of the skin and scatters the UVA and UVA before it gets to your cells. But if you don’t have a natural one, basically any sunscreen is better than no sunscreen. Last year we had to throw away our aerosol spray sunscreen so be sure to bring lotions instead. Don’t forget your sunglasses and hats!
- Proper Footwear: Bring at least two different types of footwear. Running shoes are great for cushioning, comfort and your toes will hurt less when and if they get stomped on. And who knows, you might even want to squeeze in a little run between campsites and stages. Flip flops are easy to slip on/off and you’ll want something for the showers.
- Ear Protection: While it’s cute for babies and toddlers to wear ear muffs, it seems less cool for grown adults yet it’s totally necessary. There are a variety of ear plugs that are made just for concerts and events. Some come with adjustable volume control and cool carrying cases but those classic orange ones will do the trick.
So there you have it festival goers, your five must-haves. See you out there!