Toronto foodie Suki Hariharan recently partnered with the Turkey Farmers of Canada to produce healthy recipes using the locally sourced meat. For this week’s recipe we are sharing one of those creations with our readers.
Pulled Turkey Naan Pizza
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 50 mins
– 1 lbs boneless skinless turkey breast
– 2 Tbsp brown sugar
– 1 Tbsp kosher salt
– 1 tsp ground black pepper
– 1 tsp onion powder
– 2 tsp paprika
– 1 tsp cayenne
– 1/2 tsp white pepper
– 1.5 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
– 2 naan bread
– 1/2 cup fontina cheese shredded
– 1/2 cup smoked Gouda cheese shredded
– 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
– 2 green chillies (optional)
1. Combine all the pulled turkey ingredients into the bowl of your pressure cooker
2. Pressure cook. Cover and set the pressure cooker lid valve to “sealing.” Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes, followed by a 5-minute natural release, followed by a quick release (carefully flip the valve to “venting”) to release whatever pressure remains.
3. Shred. Remove the lid and use two forks to shred the turkey. Give it a thorough toss with the remaining juices in the pressure cooker.
4. Place naan bread on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle with half of the shredded cheeses (save the rest for the top).
5. Arrange the pulled turkey evenly between the two naans. Top with the rest of the shredded cheese and green chillies. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, or until golden and bubbly. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
Protein: 39 g
Carbs: 31 g
Fat: 13 g
Sodium: 1425 mg