Do you need an appliance repaired in the Toronto area? Look no further than Shymon, your trusted provider of quality service.
And it really matters, because you can pay half the cost of the device for repairs! And even after such crazy expenses, your iron or refrigerator will still be in 100% shutdown.
Greetings to all! I run a home appliance repair company in Toronto – “shymonappliancerepair.ca“. My company’s specialists have been repairing household appliances for many years. My career in this business also began more than 8 years ago. At first I was an ordinary master and gradually I became a director to provide the best appliance repair Toronto.
In general, I’ve always loved messing with appliances, disassembling things, finding out how they work, fixing malfunctions, and so on. Back when I was a student, I repaired my first computer with my own hands.
But computers were not the only equipment I learned to repair. Thus, I turned from an amateur into a professional. I decided to write this article to tell you how to choose the right repair technician.
Appliances that break most often
Any technique can break down – it’s just a matter of time. One device breaks down after a month of use, the other may function well for a couple of years, but then most likely something in it will fail. In appliance repair Toronto practice, it has been proven that people most often call repairmen to fix washing machines and refrigerators. In addition, the list of top devices for breakdowns includes air conditioners, vacuum cleaners and ovens.
In each of these devices, the cause of the breakdown is different. For refrigerators, the main problem is the leakage of freon, the failure of the thermostat, compressor, as well as damage and blockage in the capillary tube. As for the ovens, problems arise here due to the wear of the control unit.
Washing machines most often break down, because the heating mechanism spoils them. Among other reasons: breakdown of the electrical unit or wear of the drums.
When repairing a washing machine, the master changes the bearings to eliminate problems with the oil seal. The reasons why this piece of equipment breaks down and deteriorates may be different. The oil seal fails if the user, for example, incorrectly installed the washing machine on the surface (an error with the determination of the level). Also, the oil seal may fail due to its own wear. Such repairs can have an Appliance Repair Cost $200-300.
Another common problem in washing machines is the module failure. This happens due to sudden power surges. Also, the module breaks down if water gets into the outlet. In this case, the client pays from $100 to $299 for repairs.
The breakdown of air conditioners is another common reason why people call a repairman. This happens mostly in summer. Among the breakdowns – the device does not turn on, the air is poorly cooled, polluted filters that urgently need to be cleaned, etc.
If you have an air conditioner and it is broken, you need to find the documents and see the warranty period for the device. If the warranty is still valid, take the air conditioner to a service centre, where specialists will repair it for free.
However, keep in mind that not all cases are suitable for providing free of charge guaranteed repairs. So, if the device broke down through your fault, for example, you accidentally put something inside, and it broke, the technicians of the service centre will not repair the device for free.
In case the warranty on the washing machine or refrigerator has ended, you can always repair the appliance in the official service, but such work is pretty expensive. Therefore, many clients prefer to find the best appliance repair Toronto for fixing equipment independently, via the Internet or something else.
But such searches do not always end well for people. I will tell you how to choose a reliable repairman on the Internet, who will do well in this job and not take too much money for this.
By the way, the average Appliance Repair Cost for refrigerator repairs in our region in the winter 2022 looked like this.
Be on your guard with these things
There are dishonest people in any business, the main thing is to know how to distinguish a real master from a fraudster. Cheating happens quite often, unfortunately. Our company is constantly faced with situations when people bring equipment to us for repair after it has been “repaired” by scammers. The demand for repair of equipment is very high, so dishonest people take advantage of the inexperience and naivety of people, posing as specialists.
How does cheating happen? Here are just a few common cases:
- Manipulation of internal elements. Many scammers, during the repair of equipment, instead of original parts, offer customers cheap analogues or even leave the device without replacing the elements at all. It is obvious that in such a case there is no benefit from work, there is only harm.
I’ll give you an example. The master of best appliance repair Toronto company took an application for the repair of a washing machine. After a thorough diagnosis in our centre, it turned out that the heating mechanism was broken inside. As the client later said, before that he had a repairman from Avito. This fraudster replaced the heating elements and charged the client $700. Moreover, he said that he was changing not one but two heating elements! But there is only one heater in the washing machine! The fraudster did not replace the broken part, he deceived the client and took the money, and double the amount. The client tried to get in touch with this person, but he was no longer available.
- No repair at all. Many clients told us how the scammers acted under the following scheme: they come at the request of the client, look at the equipment, disassemble the device completely, explaining that it is necessary to establish the true cause of the breakdown (as a rule, these are devices such as a TV or a washing machine). Diagnostics take about 30 minutes, and then the master tells the client that the repair work will cost about $800-900. People mainly refuse as the price is very high and then the scammer demands the payment of $300. For what, you may ask? It’s simple – for collecting equipment!
- Fake breakdowns to impose extra appliance repair services. There are cases when dishonest specialists intentionally find breakdowns in the work of the device, calling them a key problem. Our clients told us how they faced the problem that the air conditioner does not cool the air, and the repairman insisted on the need to clean the inner surface of the device.
In such situations, a fake specialist provides three or four services, each of which can cost you from $100 to $200. In addition, the customer has to constantly buy more and more new spare parts. Thus, all the work will have appliance repair price of $3,000 and even higher.
- Basic replacement. Basically, when customers try to find a repairman on the Internet, they call several numbers at once to compare prices and leave a request where the conditions are most favourable.
Employees of the appliance repair service certainly call you back, as a rule they say such things: “You have left a request for repairs with us. Please specify your place of residence so that we can double-check the data.” The client gives his address and the service managers tell him that the master will be able to arrive not at eight in the evening, as originally agreed, but at five in the evening. Of course, the client agrees, because this way the repair will be even faster.
So, the client is waiting for the arrival of the master, he is sure that everything is fair and transparent and the company where he left the application is a reliable organization! And it turns out to be the opposite! A fraudster will come to his house. This often happens according to the scheme – in the process of several calls, the person also called the fraudster, and he still had a phone number. The fraudster calls back after a while, hoping that the person has already left a request for repairs somewhere, and takes the client from a real master.
Some scammers do even worse. They substitute documents. We have faced situations when customers showed us a fake warranty card with the name of our appliance repair Toronto company and an address where only the logo was different.
You won’t believe it, but in our world there are real “master schools” where they teach how to professionally deceive customers. We decided to delve into this and sent our small appliance repair Toronto specialists to one such place. Here are some common things that are prohibited:
- to inform a customer that the devices are working and nothing needs to be fixed;
- to name the final cost of repair work earlier than 30-50 minutes after you arrived at your customers’ home;
- to name the cause of the breakdown before the equipment is disassembled;
- discuss the cost of work if the customer does not ask these questions;
- show price without client’s request;
- limit repair work to only one service.